Tooth Replacements / Dental Prosthesis
As artificial roots of the tooth have become more and more common, artifificial teeth in the form of prostheses (dentures) have in recent years been superseded by stronger and fixed implants.
On our German webpage Zahntechnik-Labor (Dental Laboratory) we have listed useful links on the subject.
It is both fascinating and impressive how much effort, know-how and technical skills are put into the manufacturing of artificial teeth.
The most common forms of dental prosthesis are:
- Inlays A ceramic component prepared by a dental laboratory is glued into a big hole by the dentist
- Veneers A ceramic component is put over a damaged tooth and fixed to the tooth with a plastic cement
- Crowns A artificial cover is put over the natural and honed tooth and fixed to the tooth with plastic cement
- Bridges A row of artificial teeth held together by a ceramic or metal frame is fixed to the natural teeth
- Prostheses A removable denture providing a part of the jaw (Partial Prosthesis) or the entire jaw with teeth.
Together with our dental laboratory we are able to provide you with excellent services in all categories.